Friday, July 17, 2009

Upon arrival...

hello everyone. It hasnt been a rollercoaster first day. It's been just plain ol introduction.
Shenzhen is all industrial. streets turned dusty cuz of those big trailer trucks picking up the dirt. There's nothing here, really. Maybe i havent been to the city yet.

I'm here in the guest room. The guestroom is like a living quarter. It's like a 1 room HDB. Not atahs at all. An entire family just lives in the next room. It's a pretty big room i must say, cuz i'm living alone. 4 beds, a washroom, a TV and an aircon that's not really functioning. BAD cuz of the hot humid weather. It's way hotter here. Eugh. SUmmer heat is killin!

I must say, it's gonna get tough here. It's not holiday-ish. I havent taken a single shot on my camera cuz. There's nothing that really interests me.

I'm Getting to know people around. Although i have already forgotten their names. It's just impossible to rememeber all their names, especially cuz their names are in Chinese. I think i'm facing a bit of problem with the language. They look at me blankly, i look at them back. It's really not looking so good.

However, the most interesting part of today was the uncle andrew bringing me on the tour of the production line. Looking at how frames are made from the very beginning. It's i think the coolest.

When we drove into the factory, it isnt what you'll imagine it is. No smoking chimneys, big barrels. It's just a pink building. 4-5 stories high. The real majic happens inside, where you see people and machines working. Tell you more another day. I'm tired, sleepy and lonely.

The shower is the awesomest thing here. On this friggin hot day. good night! I'm going to sleep. -1922hrs.